Camp Fit Summer 2020
We know that camp will look very different this year. During the time of COVID, here are some of the things that we will be putting in place for Summer 2020.
Updates for Camp Fit 2020
Thank you all for your patience. We hope that you and your family are healthy and safe. It has been a whirlwind and we are moving forward with our plans to run Camp Fit 2020!
In light of the current pandemic, there will be some changes in how Camp Fit runs this summer to align with current guidelines from the State of New York and the Dutchess County Health Department. We know that camp will look very different this year, and we want to be as open with our families as possible.
On behalf of the entire All Sport Family, we are excited by the opportunity to create a camp program that will address the needs of our families, get our children out of the house, see some of their friends, and have some fun.
See below for Camp Fit Summer 2020 information and guidelines :
Schedule in the time of COVID
- Eight (1)-week sessions
- July 6 – August 24
- Monday – Friday
- 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM with staggered drop-off and pick-up times
- Ages 4 – 12
Members: $250/week • Non- Members: $280/week
- Due to the change in camp fees, additional payments may need to be made
- If you registered and we have not taken payment yet, we will begin taking full payment for your summer camp weeks on June 15, 2020
- Any fees paid for add-ons such as before & after care, lunch and swim lessons will be credited to your account
- If you have already registered and paid for your camp weeks and need to make adjustments due to the new schedule please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be sure to log on to your Parent Portal and update your information, including the Special Participation Agreement.
- If you have registered for camp but would like to cancel, you can request a refund by contacting Beth : email@example.com
Camp Guidelines During COVID
- There will be no half day option or partial week option.
- There will be no Before or After Camp Care.
- Swim lessons will not be offered.
- There will be no Travel Camp.
- Lunch will not be available to purchase. All Campers should bring their own lunch, snacks and water bottle. Each camper will have their own designated space for their belongings.
- We are limiting the size of camp this year. We plan to serve 60 campers in total, in 6 groups of 10 with 2 staff members. There will be no mixing between groups at all. Each group will have their own meeting space.
- Follow social distancing practices of 6 feet as much as possible.
- Staff will have “go-bags” that include disinfectant solution, paper towels, wipes, hand sanitizer. They will clean equipment and surfaces before and after each activity.
- Each group will have their own schedule of activities which may include swimming, arts & crafts, movies, sports & games with no interaction with the other groups.
- Cleaning and sanitation practices will be increased along with the washing of hands and sanitizing of equipment throughout the day
- Camp will operate on rainy days and groups will be kept in separate locations inside the club
- All staff members will be required to wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible. All campers will be STRONGLY encouraged to wear one. All campers should bring their own mask.
- Daily Health Screening will be done for all staff and campers. This will include visual, temperatures and questions that the parent/guardian will have to sign off on daily before the camper can enter camp.
- Anyone showing signs of illness of any kind or who may have been exposed to COVID-19 should not be in the day camp facility.
- If a child develops symptoms, they will be isolated and they will have to be picked up. There will be a strict 72 hour sick policy. If your child has a fever, they cannot return until they are 72 hours fever free without the aid of medicine. As recommended by the CDC
- We will be limiting the amount of individuals on the camp grounds. Therefore, we are developing a drive-thru pick-up and drop-off procedure. That way only campers and staff will be entering the camp.
- Those in vulnerable populations (ie asthma, compromised immune systems, etc.) will strongly be discouraged from attending camp.
- Parents will be required to sign a waiver (see attached) acknowledging their understanding of the guidelines of sending their child to camp
- If you have not registered your child yet, please do so as soon as possible. We are operating at less than 50% capacity this summer to keep everyone healthy.
- Should enrollment not meet our intended capacity, All Sport may have to decide whether it is feasible to run the camp program altogether. A decision will have to be made no later than June 26th.
GET ON OUR LIST
Get the latest updates and offers from All Sport Health & Fitness including seasonal specials, upcoming events, and health & fitness tips.