SWIMMING AND AQUATICS
SWIMMING AND AQUATICS PROGRAMS
INDOOR POOL GUIDELINES
Indoor Pool Guidelines
- Capacity of Pool: 13
- With the limited pool space and capacity, we all need to be mindful of our fellow swimmers when doing laps. In an effort to make sure everyone can get their workout in, we ask that when other members are waiting for the lap lanes to please limit your workout to 30 minutes.
- Hot Tub, Sauna and Steam Room are CLOSED
- Pool Locker Rooms and Showers are available for use.
- Family Changing Room is available for use.
- Rinse shower is available, and swimmers are encouraged to rinse before and after using the pool.
- Masks must be worn at all times while on deck. Masks are not required while in the pool.
- Lifeguards must also wear mask while walking the deck, but not while in chair as long as the 6ft distancing is followed.
- All members and staff must follow the 6ft distancing while on deck and in the pool.
- Lap Lanes limited to 1 person unless you are sharing with someone from the same family.
- While there is currently no time limit or reservation needed for lap swimmers, please be mindful of swimmers waiting to use a lap lanes.
- Pool equipment and pool toys are not to be used by members except for water classes. Any equipment used will be set aside for disinfection.
- Members may bring in their own pool exercise equipment.
- Anyone not following these guidelines may be asked to leave the pool area.
- Any questions or concerns, please see the Aquatic Director.
GROUP SWIM LESSONS INFORMATION
Summer Session 1
June 28 – August 19
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday Classes
- Click here for more information about Summer 1 Lessons
- Guided swim lessons to increase skills and improve safety confidence. Students will be taught basic water safety and skill progressions for all applicable strokes according to the American Red Cross Standards. Classes meet once per week.
**Only one family member allowed on pool deck during swim lesson**
BABY & TODDLER LEVELS
A parent/caregiver takes part in each class, assisting in the teaching from the instructor. The following parent/child swim classes allow the babies/TOTS to explore water activities that encourage the development of arm and leg movement along with basic skills.
- Aquababies (ages 6 months – 18 months) (Ratio 1:6)
Skills taught: Teaching proper ways to hold the babies in the water aids in optimal skill development. In this class we incorporate safety skills, floating on their back/front, blowing bubbles and jumping in. Through playtime, games and songs your child becomes more confident in the water, while developing basic water skills.
- Aquatots (ages 18 months -3 years) (Ratio 1:6)
Skills taught: Teaching proper ways to hold the TOTS in the water to aid in optimal skill development. We incorporate safety skills, floating on their back/front, blowing bubbles, arm/leg coordination, jumping in with submerging. Though playtime, skill completion, games and songs your child becomes more confident in the water, while developing fundamental skills needed to transition into independent lessons.
BEGINNER SWIM LEVELS
These lessons are for children who are ready to take independent lessons with an instructor in a group class setting. These levels mark the beginning of learning independent aquatic skills. Your child becomes more comfortable and confident in the water while developing fundamental skills needed to transition into the intermediate stroke classes. Skills will be assisted by an instructor and/or floatation devices.
- Preschool – (ages 3- 5years) (Ratio 1:4)
Childs current skill: Not comfortable in the water, have never taken a lessons, can’t swim on their own
Skills taught: Getting adjusted to the water, entering/exiting the water, blowing bubbles, submerging mouth, nose, and eyes, front/back floats, glides and treading water. Swimmers begin using simultaneous and alternating arm and leg movement on their front and back.
- Level 1 – Introduction to Water Skills – (ages 5+) (Ratio 1:4)
Childs current skill: Can swim a little with assistance, first time swimming, needs to work on basic skills
Skills taught: Getting adjusted to the water, above/underwater, entering/exiting the water, blowing bubbles, submerging, jumping into the water, front/back floats, glides and treading water. Swimmers further develop simultaneous and alternating arm and leg movement on their front and back.
- Level 2 – Fundamental Aquatic Skills (Ratio 1:6)
Childs current skill: Comfortable in the water, can swim on front/back with very little assistance, swim above/underwater
Skills taught: This class gets these swimmers ready to gain independence from the instructor and floatation devises while working on learning different basic skills of each stroke. The goal of this level is to become comfortable swimming unassisted and move towards the intermediate levels.
Please note: Please do not sign your child up for a class above his/her skill level. There is a good chance that they will not be moved up or down due to class sell outs. At each level, greater endurance, improved efficiency and a more refined form of each stroke is required. If you are unsure of your child’s level or have any questions please contact Karen Feeley, Aquatics Director 896-5678 ext 104.
INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED SWIM LEVELS
These lesson levels are for children who are swimming independently of an instructor. These levels mark the beginning of Stroke development. The swimmers learn the fundamentals of each stroke. They develop fundamental skills needed to build a strong stroke and practice these skills with repetition and distance. Skills will be taught by the instructor; use of equipment will be for skills/drills- not for assistance with swimming.
- Level 3 – Stroke Development (Ratio 1:6)
Childs current skill: Comfortable in the water, can swim on front/back unassisted, can swim above/underwater
Skills taught: The goal of this level is to become comfortable swimming stroke fundamentals unassisted. The swimmers will be learning front crawl with breathing to the side, unassisted back crawl, treading water, deep water skills, diving, and breaststroke.
- Level 4/5-Stroke Improvement/Refinement (Ratio 1:6)
Childs current skill: Swims independently, can swim length of the pool on front/back, has some knowledge of advanced strokes
Skills taught: The goal of this class is to increase swimmers endurance by swimming strokes for a greater distance doing laps. As the class progresses with distance, turns for each stroke will be introduced.
Please note: Please do not sign your child up for a class above his/her skill level. There is a good chance that they will not be moved up or down due to class sellouts. At each level, greater endurance, improved efficiency and a more refined form of each stroke are required. If you are unsure of your child’s level or have any questions please contact Karen Feeley, Aquatics Director 896-5678 ext 104.
SWIM, FIRST AID, AND LIFEGUARD COURSES
Pre-Test : June 3 • 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM
This blended learning course combines online learning with on-site skill sessions where you practice skills and demonstrate your competency. Students will be taught the proper rescue and safety skills necessary to lifeguarding in swimming pool environments. Must attend all classes and complete online work between classroom sessions.
Requirements : Must be 15 years old, swim 300 yards continuously with breath control, tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs, swim 20 yards and retrieve a 10 pound brick with both hands. Students who do not pass the pre-test will not be permitted to attend the course.
Course Information : Please plan to complete the initial eLearning lessons before each session. You will receive an e-mail session link for the online portion of your course.
Dates / Times:
- Thurs, June 3 • 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Friday, June 4 • 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Thurs., June 10 • 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday, June 11 • 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Thurs., June 17 • 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday, June 18 • 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Members : $425
- Non-Members : $450
- If a student fails pre-test, a $100 non-refundable fee will be applied
Class limited to 6 students.
Registration : Call or visit to sign up – #845-896-5678 / email@example.com